Are you maximizing your strengths and promoting your talents at work? If you have sharp analytical skills, have you sought to apply those skills to your current job? I know it sounds crazy to ask for more work when you are already overloaded, but any assistance that you can provide now will ultimately help you advance in your present position or in a future one.
You have gifts and talents to offer the world. Your current or potential employer desperately needs to use your talents NOW, especially since they are focused on increasing revenue.
Just what ARE your talents and how can you apply them to your career?
- Discover Your Hidden Talents
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How can you capitalize on your strengths and improve your weaknesses?
- Can you enhance your strengths and dissipate your weaknesses by learning on the job or by taking additional classes or training?
- Promote Your Talents Within
- Once you have an analysis of the talents you have to offer, start promoting them. If you don’t tout them, then no one will.
- Talk with your boss about helping out the team. Your pathway to the top is by being someone who can be counted on.
- Take Action
- After you tell your employer about your hidden talents and your ideas for using them, you must live by your words. Remember your integrity is at stake and that means something.
- Using your talents is not a one-day project; it is a way to live and work more effectively every day. So go out there, and put your talent to work!
It may be hard to focus on your talents when the world around you is so uncertain. Put your worries behind you, and your best foot forward. You can be proud of your effort no matter what the future may bring because you swung out and gave it your best shot.